1690 Newberry Drive • Bullhead City, AZ  928-758-AMEN (2636)

Our History

Kelly FamilyPastor Chuck and Lynda Kelly started off in a home fellowship in 1979, shortly after moving to Bullhead City from Southern California. The fellowship grew and there was a need for a pastor to teach and love the people, so the Kellys prayed for a pastor to come. They sought guidance from Pastor Raul Ries of Calvary Chapel West Covina and asked him to pray with them for God to send a pastor to Bullhead City. After a short time, Pastor Ries informed them that he believed God had already sent a pastor and it was Chuck!

In 1981, their home fellowship grew and they rented the Chamber of Commerce and incorporated as Calvary Chapel Bullhead City. Pastor Chuck began pastoral school and was ordained by Calvary Chapel Flagstaff in 1983. Shortly after that, God had added enough to the congregation that they needed even more room. They moved to a small group of offices on Hwy 95. They continued to grow, taking over the old radio station behind the offices.

Eventually, they occupied four storefronts in that building and rebuilt those to provide a sanctuary, Sunday School classrooms and office area. Within a couple of years of moving into that location, they were blessed with a large piece of property on a nearby hill. They began to pray for a building and the Lord provided, leading to the construction of the church we occupy today on Newberry Drive.

Over the years, thousands of people have come and been blessed by the body of Christ at Calvary Bullhead. Some have stayed for a short time while visiting the area, while others have stayed to plant their roots.

In 2018, the leadership decided to change the name of the church to Calvary Chapel Desert Light to better reflect the vision God had given them for the church’s call to shine in this community.