Genesis 12 Abram, Sarai and Pharaoh
- v8 Abram moved to the mountain east, pitched his tent with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east, built an alter to the Lord
- v9 Abram journeyed still to the South
Abram in Egypt
- v10 there was a famine in the land and Abram went down to Egypt
- v11-13 When he came close to Egypt he said to Sarai his wife,”indeed I know that you are a women of beautiful countenance. Therefore when they see you they will say this is his wife and they will kill me but let you live. Please say you are my sister, that it will be well with me and that I may live because of you.
- V14 Abram came to Egypt and the Egyptians saw that she was very beautiful
- v15 Pharaoh takes her to his house
- v16 Abram is given sheep, oxen, male donkeys, male and female servants, female donkeys and camels
- v17 The Lord plagues Pharaoh and his house because Sarai Abram’s wife
- v18-19 Pharaoh called Abram and said,”What have you done to me? Why did you say she was your sister? I might have taken he as my wife. Take her and go away.”
- v20 So Pharaoh commanded his men concerning Abram; and they sent him away with his wife and all that he had.