Mark 1:9-11 John Baptizes Jesus
v9 Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan
- Jesus makes a decision for God and surrendered to God
- Launched His ministry and to save the world;
- Jesus identifies with mankind
- Through Baptism Jesus identifies Himself as the Messiah
v10 Coming up from the water, Heavens parted and the Spirit descended like a dove
v11 Then a voice came from heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased”
- Seen by all who came to see John and be baptized by John.
- Jesus reveals our Father
- We need to take our commitment to Christ more seriously
- God made sure Jesus was assured, He speaks to our hearts and gives us assurances
Mark 1:12-13 Satan Tempts Jesus
v12 The Spirit drove Him into the wilderness
13 He was there 40 days tempted by Satan and was with the wild beasts; and the angles ministered to Him.
- When we are tempted we have a choice to make; Live for God or sin.
- We are to seek the spirit we must be in the spirit
- Jesus was tempted in the wilderness
- Jesus was tempted on the pinnacle before the multitudes
- Jesus was tempted on the high mountain
- God allows man to be tempted to prove our faith
- Prepares us for the hard times, for mercy, grace and power.